drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

[Comparison LB, Fancy LB, & Fujian]

I’m sorry to post similar notes, I’m hopefully making it easier on myself if I need to scroll back through my notes and check something out.

Initial sips, LB and Fancy LB are pretty well the same, but the FLB is ever so slightly creamier, and LB is very subtly sweeter. There is almost, almost and underlying bitter note to the fancy LB, but that could be my mind playing tricks.

In comparing, I see how different the Fujian is. It’s still by far the closest to LB I’ve ever experienced, but there is a hint of Bailin, which I’ve found in the Ailaoshan as well from Whispering Pines. Yes, more Bailin than LB perhaps, but still LB-like.

I always try to sit back and enjoy my teas (granted, that doesn’t always happen), but I don’t generally attempt to decipher each and every note in every cup I enjoy, unless I’m doing comparisons.

Stephanie

Fancy LB? First picking? Thanks for doing comparisons, they’re useful!

Courtney

Yep, the Mr. He’s 1st Picking LB. Fancy LB was easier, hehe.

Got it :D