drank Coco Chai Rooibos by DAVIDsTEA

This is one of my favourite rooibos blends, one of my first DT purchases, and a staple part of my collection.

For the longest time I was drinking this chai cold, over-steeped, and with no milk- Don’t ask me why. As a testament to its quality and in spite of my abuse I can still say it tasted “decent”- albeit as a cold, heavily spiced water mixture.

Somewhere along the line I decided to infuse it with steamed milk – and what a revelation that was! Now I look back on my old ways and shudder with embarrassment. I do some cringing too.

With the addition of milk the spiciness and creaminess come to a delicious balance – where neither of which is too weak. All of the spices are prevalent but the peppercorn, coconut, and cloves are the ones that draw me in.

Typically, I’m not a fan of rooibos blends but this one reminds me not to be close-minded. There are some good things out there and sometimes they need milk.