drank Peach Paradise by Silk Road

A while back, on a trip to re-stock my Genmaicha I was given a sample of this tea at the door and ended up buying a small amount of it as well. I was amazed by how smooth it was and I liked the subtle peach flavour and the sweet notes from the calendula flowers. on a cold winter evening it really made me feel warm and fresh. When I steep it myself it’s usually not as fine as that first impression; while the black ceylon is nice it has a tendency to steal the show if not prepared with full attentiveness.

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada