drank Lapsang Souchong by Silk Road

I’ve never had Lapsang Souchong before so I don’t know how well it holds up to other brands but I have to say I’m pleasantly surprised on how much I ended up liking it.

It smells like campfire and I initially bought it solely for cooking purposes (there are some good recipes out there that use this tea as a rub). My curiosity peaked and I finally made myself a cup last night. I was amazed by the complexity of the flavours. Yes, there is a dominating (almost nostalgic) smokiness to it but I also got buttery and spicy notes and, call my crazy, but there was almost something sweet beneath it all too. I’m impressed. I have yet to re-steep it and I can’t say I would want to drink it it all the time but I will be looking more into this kind of tea. It’s intriguing, comforting, and yummy.