drank London Fog by Silk Road

Well, here’s another Earl Grey, vamped up for olfactory purposes, from Silk Road. Instead of a crazy orange scent it’s crazy vanilla that comes wafting from the tin. It’s strong but I can still smell the underlying bergamot whereas I couldn’t with the Canton Orange tea (I’m still chocked and wanting some oranges). Anyways, I’d like to think I was more prepared for a plain old cup of Earl Grey this time.

Straight, this tastes like a typical astringent cup of Earl Grey, lightly flavoured with vanilla. The magic starts when the milk is added. It’s so very smooth and creamy with only a hint of bold citrus- reminding me of a squeeze of lemon accentuating a rich sauce. This tea really lives up to its name sake.

I can’t wait to have this as a latté and when it starts to get cooler. Now I know why the London Fog was never in stock when I went to go try it last winter.