drank Buttercream by DAVIDsTEA

Oh, wow! it’s been ages (read as: two months) since I’ve made anything of my meager existence here! Since this is my first post in a while I felt the occasion should be marked with an “antiquated” tea: Buttercream.

It’s been near exactly a year since this tea made it’s debut and I still have half a tin. That’s not to say I’ve been unable to finish it out of dislike- to the contrary! I’ve been hoarding it in wait of the returning winter and now the time has finally arrived to awaken it from it’s long slumb…ok, maybe that’s taking it to indulgent extremes.

To the point, Buttercream smells like sweetened mangoes, chamomile, and unicorns. The liquid is a charming light gold and has a distinct buttery (almost greasy) creaminess to it akin to the tea’s namesake. It feels strange to call Buttercream a tea when the chamomile and its’ fruit allies are stealing the show. Whatever kind of white tea is in this is vastly overshadowed, although some of the floral sweetness may be attributed to the leaves. The white tea is more apparent in some steeping than in others.

I have fond memories of drinking this outside, on the front steps, after I’d finished raking the leaves and being perplexed as to how the delicious drink that tastes like icing and cake filling doesn’t also look like icing. Very puzzling, very indulgent. I miss eating the thumb sized mango pieces in the blend.

canadianadia

“Buttercream smells like sweetened mangoes, chamomile, and unicorns.” lol! unicorns! love it