At the end of summer I did some major reflecting and came to the conclusion that I didn’t know (and still don’t know) my straight teas very well. I vowed that I would make a noticeable effort to search out and compare “noteworthy” teas and learn how to brew them properly. I randomly decided to start with the accessible Dragonwell. I bought this brand, some from Silk Road, and a bag from Mighty Leaf, and… then I ran out of money. It’s a testament to this type of tea that, despite unintentional abuse on my part, all three of my “specimens” came out tasting yummy.

With the international shipping cost this Dragonwell was undoubtedly the most expensive. I was really nervous as I had never heard of this company except for word of mouth here on Steepster. I still don’t know what possessed me to try this as my first tea from Andrews & Dunham but I don’t regret the decision.

This is an insanely buttery green. Have you ever had boiled green veggies so soft and natural that they feel like they are melting in your mouth while performing serenades across your tongue? If yes, then you have a vague understanding of what this tea is like. It’s so soothingly creamy and invigoratingly awesome that it leaves me in a stupor. I feel unworthy reviewing it. When it runs out I’ll be sad for I fear I’m too cheap to order more of something that is limited anyways. I will always cherish the time I had with you, flirty buttery tea. There are a lot of pretty green leaves stuffed in the tin so that is slightly consoling.