drank Buddha's Blend by DAVIDsTEA

Buddha’s Blend has a great floral fuzzy peaches scent to it but it doesn’t come off as a “candy” tea. The smell was definitely a selling point for me.

The first time I prepared this I experienced that astringency that only comes from oversteeping, or using water that’s too hot. Despite my mistake, it wasn’t undrinkable and the taste was heavy on the peaches with a perfumed milky endnote like plain yoghurt-both sour and creamy.

This time around I think I got it right, with a cup that’s simply a creamy, floral, peach delight with only a shadow of tartness. The last flavour is still light jasmine but it is no longer abrasively sharp. This tea is so indescribably smooth and full bodied with only the slightest puckering sensation that it may be a contender for my more permanent collection. The white and green leaves do give off detectable complex flavours but I think I’m picking up more white, here. Smooth, creamy, floral, fruity notes coexist with the more prominent jasmine and white hibiscus. Everything blends flawlessly together and holds up well on second steep. The only downside is the floral fruitiness of it can become overwhelming and the more bitter aspects of the tea leaves come out more as it cools.

Note: when I come across something new and edible that I’ve never tried before I usually attempt to eat it. This is what I did with the white hibiscus after first steep and it was so deliciously creamy and subtly sweet that… Yes, I probably shouldn’t have eaten it but I was curious and now I have an idea where the milky fruit flavour comes from. For those who saw “hibiscus” and shied away, it tastes very different from the normal, very tart, red variety that infiltrates most blends.

TheTeaFairy

you made this sound really yummy… It’s one if those I always wonder about but never buy, I might have to remedy that!

CrowKettle

This tea is yummy but it can also be quite finicky, especially if the water’s too hot and the green comes out. If you do pick some up I hope you have a good experience!

Comments

TheTeaFairy

CrowKettle

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada