drank Nepal Black by DAVIDsTEA

There is certainly a taste of honey to this straight black tea. I also get a “wheaty”, “beer-ish”, malty taste. The aroma of the wet leaves is strong with the malt too. The effect leads to a cup that is both sweet and full with enough astringency to give it good character. The honey note even makes a certain song play endlessly in my head. It’s quite magical, really. It tastes delicious both with or without milk.

I haven’t tried many straight black teas. Even during the David’s Tea straight promotion this is the only black tea I sampled. David’s Tea has a mixed bag of straights but Nepal Black is one of the better ones. I have a small bag but I’m unsure if this will become a staple. I need to try more blacks and check out Verdant Tea before I make a decision but right now I’m leaning on a yes…

“I’ll come back for the honey……….AND YOUUUUUUUUUUU!"

Yes. I am ashamed of myself.

Bonnie

No shame on Steepster!

CrowKettle

Thanks Bonnie! That’s nice to know, although you haven’t heard my singing voice :)

Comments

Bonnie

No shame on Steepster!

CrowKettle

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada