drank Red Velvet Cake by DAVIDsTEA

This tea nails velvet cake on the head; it has the smell, the taste, and even the oily and creamy soft texture. It’s a bombardment of dripping buttery icing and sugared chocolate chips.

I can taste the semi-sweet and white chocolate chips distinctly-they remind me of the chocolate chips my mom used to put into her baking. They’re bad straight but are amazing when melted into baked desserts. The black tea is mostly buried beneath layers of cake and chocolate but, despite the oily qualities of the liquid, this tea is leaving my mouth somewhat dry. Maybe that could be attributed to the tea leaves?

I do like this a lot but the richness, coupled with the artificial tone from the sprinkles make it something that, like red velvet cake itself, I cannot eat drink all the time.

Cupcake flavoured tea, tea flavoured cupcakes….this tea would make Pinkie Pie proud!

crazy4u