drank Vanilla Orchid by DAVIDsTEA

So many noms! What an improvement from the bitter Vanilla Oolong; I’m so glad David’s Tea is replacing it with this creamy beauty. It’s like if Quangzhou Milk Oolong decided to frolic in a flower field that had been dosed in vanilla extract. Imagine the oolong balls running along,so carefree, so happy, slowly being covered with vanilla- creamy, milky, floral, and sweet vanilla. I’m glad I left half a pot of this sitting out over night and am gross enough to drink it. It tastes like the soft vanilla in ice cream, and I personally like it cooled or iced.

The vanilla could be overpowering first steep but that’s why oolong is jolly for a second (third, or fourth) steep. You can wash your liberated oolong after that field frolic and feel good about making it clean again(temporarily).

Nicole

Freerange oolong balls. What a happy picture!

canadianadia

high five for being gross enough to drink the overnight tea! I do that all the time ;D

TheTeaFairy

Giggles, the oolong balls carefree dance :-) Haven’t tried it yet, but happy about the fact that it’s an improvement from Vanilla Oolong… I always felt it was such a disappointment, wasn’t creamy enough to be called anything vanilla!

CrowKettle

I’m so glad people enjoyed the visual and am relieved that I’m not the only one who drinks the overnight tea! :)

It really is an improvement; I have some of my old Vanilla Oolong and the two don’t even look OR smell alike!

Comments

Nicole

Freerange oolong balls. What a happy picture!

canadianadia

TheTeaFairy

CrowKettle

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada