Oh, no! I started steeping this around 15 minutes ago and totally forgot about it! I’m so angry with myself- I only have a 8 gram sample of this so I’m going to be drinking this cup even if it’s horrible.

Surprisingly, it’s not too bad. It’s not bitter in the traditional sense and astringency remains minimal. The flavour becomes more akin to banana flavoured dark chocolate than banana pie. Steeped this long, the malty smooth black tea is actually noticeable and I think it pairs well with the dairy notes. I ran out of milk but otherwise I think it would make a nice hot chocolate tea. All in all, not a complete mess up.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada