Oh, no! I started steeping this around 15 minutes ago and totally forgot about it! I’m so angry with myself- I only have a 8 gram sample of this so I’m going to be drinking this cup even if it’s horrible.

Surprisingly, it’s not too bad. It’s not bitter in the traditional sense and astringency remains minimal. The flavour becomes more akin to banana flavoured dark chocolate than banana pie. Steeped this long, the malty smooth black tea is actually noticeable and I think it pairs well with the dairy notes. I ran out of milk but otherwise I think it would make a nice hot chocolate tea. All in all, not a complete mess up.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more