Another one that is to be sent off into the wild world of stamped envelopes and parcels.

Out of all the places that I ordered from I was least excited about getting my package from Della Terra. I should’ve been more enthusiastic; the few of their blends that I have tried so far have been great!

I attempted a pathetic rinse of this in my DT’s perfect mug. I’d like to think it made a difference. (Goof EDIT: this chocolate Puerh shouldn’t be rinsed!)

This is a lovely earthy tea with a finish of pepper that one could imagine coming from either/or the Yunnan and the few spices present. The main aroma and flavour is one of dark chocolate with a dabbing of honey. The spices are subtle but present, like a worldly gent who knows they don’t need to flaunt all their wealth in a gaudy array. It has “the air” of richness.

I added some milk in, because chais always beg for milk in my mind, but it could have honestly held up well without. Somewhat coffee-like.

Bonnie

Did you say you rinsed this one? It doesn’t need rinsing. This has chocolate bits with the spices which rinsing would wash away. I thought this was a decent attempt at a flavored puerh.

CrowKettle

Yes, I did rinse the chocolate like a goof. It was such a poor rinse that I don’t think it infringed on the other ingredients, however! I thought it was a good attempt too. Besides one exception, I have only had flavoured puerhs so far. This definitely ranks highest among them. :)

Bonnie

It’s OK, we all do things like that, or at least I do! I started with flavored puerh…took awhile before I began with unflavored and now that’s my favorite.

CrowKettle

I’m the type of person who reaches for water and ends up with a mouthful of tonic! At least I can have a good laugh every once in a while at my own expense. I really look forward to building up a palate to unflavored puerh in the new year- and learning how to make a good cup too! Thank you for your kind words, Bonnie.

Comments

Bonnie

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada