Day ten

I’ll have a blue Christmas without you…

Just when I was starting to grow quite fond of my Cotton Candy Black from day one I ran out yesterday. I was beginning to fall in love with the lattes too. Thankfully, this came around and while it’s not quite the same as the other cotton candy tea it will do.

My first cup of this earlier in the day, which was under two minutes and with lukewarm water, was unbelievably perfect. I simply got blueberry flavour with a finish sugary artificial fuzz, which was very akin to blue cotton candy.

As soon as I took a whiff of my steeped cup I knew I had butchered my second cup of the day, and I’m blaming water temperature. This steep still has the cotton candy profile but the astringent smoky gunpowder is more prevalent. Maybe I should add some milk to it but it feels like sacrilege to add dairy to something with a green base- excluding matcha.

Ok, it’s fussy. I can work with that.

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada