Thank you ToiToi, for this neat tea bag! Impressively vibrant strawberry start but a muddled astringent finish. Almost like a less exciting Marco Polo; it’s the red fruit notes and the strength of the black. The smell reminds me of the Strawberry Shortcake toys I got to play with as a kid. Strawberry is hard to pull off with tea but this succeeds moderately. I think Ceylon is a great choice for a base and potentially gives it some pointy fruitiness.

Edit- I forgot about my cup an hour ago and this is very good cold! It’s like the strawberry kiwi juice I was living off of at the end of last semester. The aftertaste is realistic citric strawberries! If it was summer and I had more than this tea bag it would be one of my picks for an easy and quick iced tea.

gmathis

Mmmm! I love strawberry in tea in almost any configuration. Not sure I’ve seen Dilmah stuff locally—will have to watch more closely.

CrowKettle

If you get the chance I would give this a try. I found it quite drinkable and I’m skeptical of tea bags and don’t like strawberry things whatsoever!

Comments

gmathis

CrowKettle

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada