I randomly chose this as one of my samples. Thank you Stacy and Butiki Teas!

Intense and simple, I don’t think I’ve had a mint tea that’s this potent. There are two flavours: mint and milky green oolong- both of which give everything they’ve got. They meld together impressively, and I have a hard time discerning where one begins and the other ends.

I was going to write up a quick note before I went onto a second steep but I’m glad I didn’t. The flavours are never as cohesive in the first. Not so prevalent in the first cup, I’m actually getting the sensation of eating authentic mint leaves on the second go!

I could see this being a perfect accompaniment with a mint friendly savory meal or dessert. The finish is oolong creaminess and the aftertaste is pure mint leaf. Spicy peppery note is very faint near the finish.

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: