I randomly chose this as one of my samples. Thank you Stacy and Butiki Teas!

Intense and simple, I don’t think I’ve had a mint tea that’s this potent. There are two flavours: mint and milky green oolong- both of which give everything they’ve got. They meld together impressively, and I have a hard time discerning where one begins and the other ends.

I was going to write up a quick note before I went onto a second steep but I’m glad I didn’t. The flavours are never as cohesive in the first. Not so prevalent in the first cup, I’m actually getting the sensation of eating authentic mint leaves on the second go!

I could see this being a perfect accompaniment with a mint friendly savory meal or dessert. The finish is oolong creaminess and the aftertaste is pure mint leaf. Spicy peppery note is very faint near the finish.

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada