Boosting the rating on this by a couple after steeping a lot of leaves for a minute (probably could have reduced that) in my measuring glass + mug. While the notes always taste slightly different I haven’t had a bad cup of this yet!

Today, the jasmine comes off even more banana like in flavour- it almost has a sticky sweetness to it. Delicious fruit. It reminds me of the sweet notes in the sparrow tongue- honeysuckle again? It’s so sweet…annd it’s gone. Second cup!

There will be many more cups of this today.

You know you love a tea when you push it to the multi-steep max. I’m glad I opened the Yunnan White Jasmine sample as my second Verdant Tea. I feel like the leaves are being patient and kind with me, despite my prior apprehension about working with them.

180 °F / 82 °C

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: