Bengal Spice used to be my absolute favourite hot beverage; I brought boxes of it with me when I started university away from home. It was my comfort drink. Then things got busy, I “discovered” tea, and this was pushed to the back of the cupboard. Until now.

I went to check up on my mom, and she handed me her mug and said “I think I’m spoiled on pumpkin chai.. try this.” I never thought I’d be the type of person to say “blegh”. Just awful cinnamon cardboard water in milk. We both agreed to dump the rest of it down the sink.

Maybe.. the box had gone stale (better chuck out the box). I’d like to believe that but I think the truth is that it’s not for me (or my mother) anymore. I wish I could give this a higher rating, just for old times sake, but I’m afraid my face looked very similar to that red dude on the far left of the spectrum.

Lady 0f Spaydes

Celestial seasonings is just kind of bad once you’ve had anything better. I want to like them too. :(

CrowKettle

They have such pretty boxes too.. :/

Bonnie

used to be my fav too

maldororsteagarden

I used to love this tea when I first got into Chai and one whiff of their other fruit teas takes me back to my student days. It’s just a shame that, to my refined/jaded palate, CS just tastes like overpriced dishwater.

Comments

Lady 0f Spaydes

CrowKettle

They have such pretty boxes too.. :/

Bonnie

used to be my fav too

maldororsteagarden

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: …