“You know you are addicted to tea” when you dream about walking into an average grocery store and finding Tiger Assam, from Andrews & Dunham, on sale, in bulk quantity, just before check-out. What is this!? Best dream ever. I want to try assam so badly.

I was worried that this oolong was going to be too syrupy, in the vein of DT’s Canadian Maple Rooibos, and taste like little else. To my glee pecan nuttiness, maple sweetness, and rich dark oolong are all kept in tactful balance. Some roasted notes are paired with caramelized sugar to create a savory, warming tea. Soft tangy quality too. I love how naturally everything pairs together; it doesn’t taste artificial either!

Thank you, Stacy, for this last generous sample. I’m officially out of new Butiki Teas to try. Tasting them was a great experience that I hope to repeat in the near future.. I need to withhold on buying teas for at least a month. :/

End day edit: Neglected it second steep and it still came out smooth. Being able to eat the pecans in the leaves at the end of the session: priceless.

if you get desperate, let me know…i can send you a bit of my stacy stash lol

TeaBrat

Sounds like a great dream! :)

CrowKettle

You shouldn’t tempt me… there’s only one correct way to respond to your proposition. :P

Bonnie

You can always. DO YOU HEAR ME ALWAYS!!! Trust Stacy!!!

Comments

if you get desperate, let me know…i can send you a bit of my stacy stash lol

TeaBrat

Sounds like a great dream! :)

CrowKettle

Bonnie

You can always. DO YOU HEAR ME ALWAYS!!! Trust Stacy!!!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada