Just as I was starting to feel sad about the lack of new Butiki blends to try BoxerMama’s parcel arrived to save the day. Thank you!

Initially, I was worried about over steeping and over leafing this flavoured green. As it turns out, however, the flavour is a mild and smooth one that I prefer being generous with. The milky and sweet body gives a strong impression of melted ice cream, while the green pistachio, backed by a perfectly matched green base, provides a gentle nuttiness. This buttery, creamy, and sweet ice cream tea is enjoyable lukewarm or iced. Butiki teas may potentially be inflating my expectations for flavoured teas.

I emptied my ziplock sample today and this will be the last tea I finish before heading back to school after my extended holiday.. I was supposed to start on the third but I stuck around for a friend’s 21st birthday. Indian Curry smorgasbord trumped syllabus collecting, unfortunately. I’m a bad student.

BoxerMama

Butiki did that to me. There are teas that I used to love that offend my palate now. This was one of my first butiki teas. Glad you’re enjoying the swap!

Comments

BoxerMama

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: …