Edit: is there any difference between this and the "Laoshan White? I’m putting my note under this name as that’s what it says on the sticker..

I ripped open my sample of this to have as a celebration tea for making it back to University town and being reunited with my never-before-used “blooming teapot” (and also, my cool roommate).

The first few steeps were tinged with seaweed greenery, and I was missing my Yunnan White Jasmine dearly at this stage. It felt like I was drinking an extremely mild, vegetal green.

My later steeps are more to my liking; “silky”, “clover honey”, and “almond milk” are spot on. Nom nom nom. Much more like the creamy white I was craving, although the vegetal elements are still apparent (and much appreciated). I think this is around my sixth to eighth infusion but I could be mistaken.

This was a beautiful choice to “baptize” my small pot in; the leaves are long, slender, and stringy. I know my tasting experiences are limited but I’ve never had a white tea that tasted quite like this.

185 °F / 85 °C
Bonnie

right u r…they are the same tea but the name was magnicified (I like that word).

Ze_Teamaker

Totally adding to my new words to use from now on list….

Bonnie

haha…askaperious experience making up words.

CrowKettle

It took me many a few moments to realize that magnicified is not located in the dictionary. It should be.

Comments

Bonnie

Ze_Teamaker

Totally adding to my new words to use from now on list….

Bonnie

haha…askaperious experience making up words.

CrowKettle

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada