drank Weeping Angel Tea by 52teas

In all honesty, the first impression reminded me of butterbeer. It’s buttery, sweet, and has a mellow black base. Instead of root beer, however, I’m definitely picking up a “corn” component, along with caramel and toffee; the self description is bang on. It feels like DT’s Movie Night too, although I like this better.

All in all, not bad! I wanted to drink this while watching the Christmas special, but ended up making myself some of that Browncoat Genmaicha for the occasion. As much as I enjoyed the Ponds I’m ready for some new faces.

Every time I reach that point where there are no more episodes out I always get the urge to go back and try to watch the old Doctor Who. I think I was up to The Aztecs (006/F) last time… Going to the beginning is like traveling in a time box. How things have changed! I wish I knew an easier way to get a hold of the episodes.

Edit: Backlog on second steep. I found the toffee component to be very vivid on second steep- the tea held up well! If I hadn’t had a toffee crunch kitkat bar a day before I wouldn’t have been able to pick it out at all; I thought it was from an interesting black base at first. I’m bad at distinguishing things!

Kittenna

Oh, want want want now!!! (Mine is currently being held hostage by momo although that’s not her fault, it’s Lupicia’s, haha.)

ALSO. IIRC, my boyfriend recently mentioned that the old Dr. Who is actually now on Netflix??? I think he said it was the American one though (and IIRC you’re in Canada?) and not the Canadian netflix :(

Cavocorax

Canadian Netflix only has some of the old stuff, and not full series either. I keep meaning to watch them though. I still need to dl series 7 and catch up with everyone else.

Kittenna

I just started watching the new series since starting to date my boyfriend, so I’m only a season and a couple episodes in so far, haha.

Cavocorax

That’s awesome. I found it was pretty cheesy at the start but it got better and better.
I’m also a little in love with the tenth doctor. ;p

I wish my bf would watch it. Instead he just teases me.

Kittenna

Haha, it’s good for a laugh most evenings! We’re halfway through the Cybermen episodes (two-part, I think?)

My (female) roommate is obsessed with the tenth doctor, hahaha. I tend not to get crushes on actors, though, so I’m pretty safe (I guess the only one I have room for in my heart is my boyfriend! D’awwwwwww :P)

Helena

use spotflux.com and you can get american netflix (even when your in Canada ) I’ve been watching Ultimate Spiderman, Doctor Who (new stuff), Grey’s Anatomy, Sons of Anarchy, etc… Unfortunately Dexter seasons 1-6 was only watchable on Canadian netflix so I had to disable spotflux briefly :D

Kittenna

Is it free? I know my bf gets American netflix somehow, and pays for Canadian netflix for his mom (therefore he was watching Torchwood at his mom’s place).

Kittenna

I mean, is switching to American free, I realize Netflix itself still costs money regardless!

Kitenna – if you guys want to borrow my dr who i have them all on dvd and blu-ray once they started making themin blu ray quality.

Kittenna

Thanks for the offer Sil! I think we’re ok for now, but if we can’t locate some seasons (I think Netflix has most of them?) I’ll talk to you! :D

just remember… it’s blu ray! (after season 4 i think it is..or at season 4…i never remember)

Thanks for the heads up!

CrowKettle

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! spotflux sounds promising.

Helena

spotflux is free :D as long as your paying for a netflix account you sign in as normal and it directs you to american netflix. Hulu is also free (some commercials though in Hulu)

Kittenna

Cool! I will mention this to the bf. We watched Once Upon A Time via Hulu tonight – commercials were a bit annoying, but not too bad (I’m just spoiled having not watched “live” TV for a few years!)

CrowKettle

Sounds like a relaxing evening together! I don’t know of this “live” TV you speak of. Thanks for reminding me about Once Upon A Time- I’ve been meaning to check it out.

Kittenna

Haha, I mean, everything I watch is either downloaded/PVR-ed, or commercial-free in some sense, so I’m no longer used to enduring the absurd amount of commercials TV stations air :)

Once is a fun show, IMO!

Amariel

I know there is a way to get American Netflix in Canada…I think you have to trick the server with a US IP address somehow, like maybe a proxy server or something.

Comments

Kittenna

I’m also a little in love with the tenth doctor. ;p

I wish my bf would watch it. Instead he just teases me.

Thanks for the heads up!

CrowKettle

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! spotflux sounds promising.

Once is a fun show, IMO!

Amariel

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: