drank Zhen Qu by Butiki Teas

When I pulled a sample of this in my package from BoxerMama I thought I had won the lottery or struck gold! The leaves look like golden yarn. They’re very charming and bright! I love how they transform when steeped.

I had this about four days ago in my travel mug but I’m afraid the plastic didn’t do this mellow tea any favours. I had this a few days before that but was eating Kimchi Jjigae, which also tampers with subtle flavours.

Luckily, for a sipdown, I steeped the meager amount of remaining leaves in my tiny glass pot. I got five steeps and each one was very chocolaty and mellow. Very pleasant and definitely something I would think of picking up, in small amounts, when I want a simple smooth “chocolate” cocoa tea with a touch of honeyed sweetness. No bitterness or astringency detected.

BoxerMama

This is one of my faves.

CrowKettle

I can see why! I’m going to need to pick up some more in the future :)

Comments

BoxerMama

This is one of my faves.

CrowKettle

I can see why! I’m going to need to pick up some more in the future :)

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: