drank Dulce & Banana by DAVIDsTEA

Backlog from last night! Feel Good ‘Tea’!

When I’m practicing good sleep hygiene this is the tisane I have before bed. I don’t know if it actually helps me fall asleep or if it is simply a necessary part of some sleeping ritual. I should drink this more often, although the fact that this is only available online makes me reluctant to use it up.

I don’t know if this is extremely “banana-y”; Its more chamomile, lavender, and coconut to me. I can’t distinguish the rooibos or lemongrass too well. Depending on what gets into the bag strainer it tastes more like some of those ingredients than others. I try not to use metal strainers with chamomile as it can make quite the mess. When I do get banana notes it is a hot caramelized dry kind of sweetness. It’s not perfect but has a comforting quality and contains some of my favourite ingredients.

Last night this tasted strongly of coconut and chamomile and I fell asleep quickly after finishing my cup. Magic! I wish this touch of the flu could be as easily solved. I just want to curl up, read Storm of Swords, and never leave the house. I could sleep all day, but I should go to my Ethnography class and watch those old videos on the Sami people until 9 o’clock. I should!

Autumn Hearth

Thanks for the add, I love crows! And Doctor Who and Firefly and Verdant and Butiki and procrastinating (okay so maybe I don’t love that last one, but I’m very guilty of it)

Lady 0f Spaydes

I was skimming through reveiws and saw the name of this tea wrong. I thought it said Dolce&Gabanna and I was like “O.O designer tea?! Whaaaaat?! 8D” but alas, no designer tea. I do now wonder what tea Georgio Armani or would drink…

CrowKettle

@Autumn Hearth,so many wonderful things listed in such a small space (and yes, procrastination is the contentious object on that list)! I look forward to reading your notes. :)

@Lady Of Spaydes, this tea is far from stylish, unfortunately. Now I’m curious too and would like to see a “designer tea”. It would probably be expensive :/

Comments

Autumn Hearth

Lady 0f Spaydes

CrowKettle

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada