This was included in a Christmas swap from ToiToi!

Black vanilla tea always make me think of sunny spring afternoons. It may not be spring but it is a sunny afternoon here, and this is a very pleasant, straightforward vanilla black tea.

It differentiates from its fellow vanilla comrades slightly, however, in the cream component, also noted in this tea’s name. While sipping this I sometimes get the impression of icing cream and cake; it’s kind of sweet! The black base is mostly smooth and lightly jasmine infused, although there is a hint of robustness to it (at least for me) that I’m sure would come out if it was steeped for over five minutes.

This is a very pleasant dessert tea without being a chaotic overly artificial mess. It’s sweet and smooth enough to take without milk, although I am curious to try it with some. I wish I knew what kind of black base this has; I’m a newb when it comes to black tea and “luxury black” doesn’t cut it for me.

I don’t know if it’s the sun or this tea but I feel very happy right now. It’s bright out! Thanks again, ToiToi!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: …