drank Coconut Oolong by Zen Tea

Cavocorax sent me a parcel about a week ago that included this amazing tea! Thank you- I’ve been eying this for some time now. My roommate can attest to the amount of squeeing that went on when I opened this up. Love the evasive coconut smell- it even took over my room for a few days. :)

I couldn’t help but hold this up to the Coconut Pouchong from Golden Moon Tea, which is one of my favourite teas. Despite my love for that pouchong, and unfortunately for Golden Moon, I can’t afford the $15 addition for shipping it literally a few hours across the boarder. until I manage to make my way down to Seattle and pick this up in person I’ll need a substitute- and I think I’ve found it in this oolong!

It’s straight up coconut and floral green oolong. This comes off as more roasted nutty, and dessert-like than the other pouchong; I read Kittena’s note about this tasting more “flavoured”, which I feel puts it nicely. It’s not exactly the same but It’s now a staple! It’s one of the few oolong teas I make potfuls of!

Kittenna

Yes, when taking into consideration ease of acquisition, this one is a decent stand-in for Coconut Pouchong!

MissMylin

I’ve been wanting to try Coconut Pouchong, but I can’t justify the shipping cost at all. I’ll have to try this just as soon as I clear out some space in my tea cupboard.

Comments

Kittenna

MissMylin

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada