Aroma of dry leaves: sweet and creamy chocolate
Wet leaves: tangy cocoa, leather, coffee

Taste: very malty and woody; beer-like. Tangy/pointy orange peel, more beer, soft cocoa, hint of cream
Aftertaste: orange peel, cloves

Additional flavours in later steeps: cloves Version 2.0, pepper finish… so much pepper. This isn’t chai? Burnt wood

Awesomeness level: pretty awesome.

Can CrowKettle handle the manly power of this tea? Nope

Objective level of this note: going down with each additional word

Prevailing thought while sipping: where did the chocolate go??

205 °F / 96 °C

LOL awesome review :)

Nicole

Great review. :)

CrowKettle

Thanks! Both this note and the tea took me by surprise, and I’m still not quite sure how to handle either of them. XD

BoxerMama

I miss this tea! :(

CrowKettle

I wish I had more than this meager sample; I would have sent you a good portion of it! :(

Comments

LOL awesome review :)

Nicole

Great review. :)

BoxerMama

I miss this tea! :(

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada