Aroma:
Dry Leaves- waffle cones, spices, and something fruity
Wet Leaves- musky roasted waffle fruit with burnt wood (very potent)

This tea has notes characteristic of a greener oolong in that it’s notably milky, but also possesses that savory roasted quality found in darker oolong. The unfurled wet leaves represent that dichotomy- long browny green strands.

To start, it has a honeyed body and a sweet tangy finish that very much embodies sharp red grapefruit. The aftertaste is citric and sweet- smooth and sharp.

I think I’m on my sixth or seventh steep in my gongfu pot and the tea has become noticeably honey rich, spiced near the end, and woody in a roasted way. I’m glad for this change in profile; even though I love grapefruit I can only handle so much of it. Interesting transition to say the least!

I’m still getting used to darker roasted oolongs. This is a good one for me as it definitely never allows for boredom, and contains notes from my favourite citrus fruit (sometimes I can’t believe these teas aren’t flavoured).

Also, sipdown!

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada