drank Cocomint Cream by DAVIDsTEA

Here’s another mini sipdown brought to you from the future! It’s also a backlog from the past! I’m totally time jumping, everyone.

I have 11:30-9:00 classes on Wednesdays so that’s the day where my Timolino Travel Mug proves it’s worth (or not..)! Usually I go for something strong, simple, and caffeinated (Glitter & Gold is my favourite here) but I felt like finishing this off and experimenting a little (my experiments usually have awful results).

Results to be posted here: Dun, dun, dun..

and it was…Moderately Successful! Er, a little too much stevia-like sweetness and apple with not enough cream but it worked ok!

I’ve done some funky things with this tisane (like mixing it with pure coconut milk) but it’s always come out on top. I like mint, and coconut, and cream- which is exactly what this is in that order.

I didn’t fully appreciate the Cocomint until my aunt, who I’ve got hooked on David’s Tea, made a pot up after our Christmas Day dinner. Best, most delicious thing after shoving too many things in a stomach!

I hope they bring this, or some version of this, back next year; it may be herbal (actually, that’s a factor in it’s impressiveness) but it’s one of the meager few of the newer blends from David’s I’ve actually enjoyed. Definitely a candied “texture” though.

K S

Your so Marty Mcfly!

CrowKettle

Haha! I need to work on my skateboarding though..

Fjellrev

Brutal schedule! Bet you’re really hoping for the next two months to go by quickly.

Damn, I was just at DT yesterday and smelled this, but wasn’t sure how the coconut mint combo would taste.

CrowKettle

Wednesdays are a bit extreme but I can’t complain too much, as I have Fridays off.

I was skeptical of the combination too but it is worth the try, especially if you enjoy mint and want a different spin on it.

Fjellrev

When you put it that way, I can imagine it must be good, like a creamy mint.

GiggleGoddess

Candy like for sure since it looks like it has sugar put in it’s mixture. I wonder how many grams of sugar it would make it? Hopefully not much, lol!

Kittenna

I don’t think there’s any sugar in this tea; DT doesn’t often do that. None of their teas are over 15cal/cup or something like that (most are under 5 IIRC, the cake ones with sprinkles area bit higher, e.g. 10-15).

Comments

K S

Your so Marty Mcfly!

CrowKettle

Haha! I need to work on my skateboarding though..

Fjellrev

When you put it that way, I can imagine it must be good, like a creamy mint.

GiggleGoddess

Kittenna

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada