drank Snow Dragon by Silk Road

Silk Road gave their website a makeover and it looks like they are finally on board with the online shipping thing-before you apparently had to order over the phone! I wasn’t aware that their teas were categorized as “signature” or “limited edition”. Silly me, assuming everything is permanent.

Mmm, This is a delicate, dainty little tea. The dry leaves look like tightly curled up bits of thread. The aroma is almost unnoticeable when dry but it becomes characteristically floral when damp. The notes are simple, crisp and floral, with a honey sweet finish. This contains a surprising amount of flavour. There is something that almost seems “spiced” and musky about its aroma and finish but it’s too subtle for me to put my finger on.

I’m drinking this using my little glass gongfu pot… white tea and floral flavours can be so subtle yet potent! They make the world seem like it’s slowing down. I could just sit here and drift off with this (should be studying). Too bad this tea wasn’t cheaper.

165 °F / 73 °C
Ysaurella

I should taste this tea, at least for its wonderful name !

Fjellrev

Wow, I had no idea either. I should head down and pick up some of the LE oolongs and what not. Here I thought I had forever to try anything of theirs too.

CrowKettle

@ Ysaurella, the name partially attracted me to this tea too. Maybe I can send you some across the ocean and you can tell me if it’s worthy of the name. :)

@Incendiare, I want to pick up the LE oolongs too. I didn’t even know they had any semi-green oolong.

Comments

Ysaurella

I should taste this tea, at least for its wonderful name !

Fjellrev

CrowKettle

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada