drank Rose Mango by Utopia Tea

Sometimes I rush into things without thinking. I just wish for once I could write something or get the words right the first time around without making a silly fool of myself. I need to remind myself to take it slow- that includes tea.

Backlog from yesterday: this is the iced batch and I think I can say I enjoyed it more. It really tastes like the smell of crisp yellow roses. It’s delicious, it calls up old memories of going to beautiful gardens (Butchart), but I don’t know if I enjoy this all too much. The candied fruit finish starts where the floral roses end, creating a bitter tangy sweetness that makes me pause. That fruitiness is not wholly like sweet mango, although that can be surmised up from it. There’s cutting, nippy lemon, and maybe even some tart pineapple too.

It’s still disappointing on the mango front but it sure delivers with roses. Floral yellow fans shouldn’t be disappointed. What a strange, intriguing tea. Also, I’m getting more green than any other tea base.

Mother’s reaction: “I don’t like it, but it’s nice” (huh?), and “it’s very delicate.”

Fjellrev

Haha, maybe your mom appreciates the concept but it’s not her thing.

Ozli

Yellow roses! For purely nostalgic reasons (my mom grew/loved best yellow roses), this sounds lovely to me.

CrowKettle

Yes, my mom told me shortly after that she “really likes pumpkin chai.” That’s her favourite and only tea.

Yellow roses are close to my heart too. The rose aspect of this tea is my favourite part and the most tantalizing feature; there are whole yellow rose heads in the loose leaves too. I just wish I didn’t have a whole four ounces of it as it’s not an everyday beverage.

CrowKettle

*rosebuds: I don’t know why I want to call them heads as they haven’t opened yet. Me and flower terminology are on separate… beaches. Oh, I give up!

Comments

Fjellrev

Haha, maybe your mom appreciates the concept but it’s not her thing.

Ozli

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada