Just to reconfirm: milk does this tea no favours.It sucks up all the floral subtlety and hides the tea’s personality, making the whole thing rather bland. If the primary bite is a bother, it doesn’t stick around much for the second and third steeps (which are delicious).

Bonnie

I LOVE strong black kenyan tea!!!

CrowKettle

I think I may be turning out to like them too. I have to explore this more :)

Wanja Tea of Kenya

Thank you for the positive comments. Feel free to request more samples.

CrowKettle

Thank you! I’ve enjoyed trying your teas (OP, and purple) and can’t wait to pick up your new green tea.

Comments

Bonnie

I LOVE strong black kenyan tea!!!

CrowKettle

I think I may be turning out to like them too. I have to explore this more :)

Wanja Tea of Kenya

Thank you for the positive comments. Feel free to request more samples.

CrowKettle

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada