drank Matcha Matsu by DAVIDsTEA

I was hoping my order from Red Leaf would have arrived during the week I was in town with parents, for reading break, but it wasn’t to be.. so disappointed. If history has any bearing, it will probably arrive tomorrow (argh!).

At least I have a small portion of this to hold me over until I head back to the mainland again. I actually got it nice and frothy this time (I’m so proud of myself). I guess I shouldn’t have two servings of this so late at night but this empty bowl is tempting me- it smells like rich, butter-drenched greens. It’s divine. I want to bounce off walls and zone out at the same time after a cup of this.

The flavour is still very much the grassy and the astringent green- that taste sounds awful in my mind yet works out very well in practice. I look forward to drinking this kind of tea a lot.

175 °F / 79 °C
MissLena

I have the matcha jitters this late as well. On the verge of crashing soon though I think lol

Cavocorax

Tempting! I’ve never tried matcha, but am sure I will some day soon. Is it true you can just throw it in milk and shake it for an easy smoothie?

CrowKettle

I’ve yet to try making a matcha smoothie or latte but I will try that method tomorrow morning and let you know how it goes. I think it will be fine as long as it’s sifted first?

MissLena, I saw your Red Leaf notes before making this! I wish I had three different matcha flavours to consume tonight (why, UPS?!). I want that french vanilla matcha.

Latte and smoothies are super easy. If you use a blender you don’t need to sift, though it doesn’t hurt… Just toss everything in and blend. Wen I’m back to normalsville, its what I do every morning :)

MissLena

The French vanilla is so vanilla-y! Lol, I’ve inspired a few cravings for that one with my note lol, shipping has been very slow to Canada lately, i’m not sure why

Good to know!

Comments

MissLena

CrowKettle

Good to know!

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: