The aroma of the dry leaves reminded my roommate and I of those Flintstones vitamins but the liquor is more akin to juice or even a cheap berry jam pastry.

The flavour is sour-sweet blackberry and hibiscus, with a sweet smoothness near the finish. I don’t get as much strawberry. This isn’t that bad! The hibiscus is used in the right quantity to give it a slightly under-ripe berry flavour. The usually fishy and dark David’s Tea puerh is almost absent here. I would complain about not tasting much of the base but after Aloha Puerh… Maybe this isn’t something I would keep around but it’s near perfect for the warmer season ahead.

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada