When I made some of this up in my glass gongfu pot my roomie exclaimed that she could smell the chocolate and assumed this was a flavoured tea. I let her try some and she seemed to like it quite a bit.

This one is incredibly smooth, with a malty taste that is sweetened by a creamy cocoa liqueur flavour. I get a little coconut milk too. The creamy, gooey, caramel rich, sweetness seems to have come out even more on second steep. This is as good as the Himalayan pink salt caramel chocolate I had a few hours ago.

I wish I had more than two little sample bags. I feel that Verdant Tea has spoiled me for other things, especially when it comes to black tea and inherently lush flavours.

Edit: a little more spice and mineral sweetness on later steepings.

Boiling
OMGsrsly

I ended up ordering a bit of this. So excited to see what I think of it, especially with these incredible descriptions. :)

Terri HarpLady

I originally got this with the TOMC, but also ended up ordering it. I started some this afternoon, and I’m still drinking the resteeps right now. Very enjoyable.

Comments

OMGsrsly

Terri HarpLady

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada