This is rich. Almost too rich.

It’s buttery, creamy, smooth, sweet, vegetal, and much fancier then I am used to with my Genmaicha. Geez.. even the rice used here is fancy- delicious nutty, roasted jasmine rice. This cup melts, and, wow, is the second steep ever delicious!

It’s high quality stuff but I like how pedestrian and crude my regular Genmaicha is. I can always have two types of Genmaicha?

Fjellrev

You NEED two types of genmaicha. At least.

Kasumi no Chajin

I usually have at least 3, and now never want to part with my genmai flavored matcha either! (for a matcha-iri addict it it really something!)

Cavocorax

Wow. Verdant teas always sound so amazing that I’m almost afraid to brew them up. I still have a few samples from you that I look at in awe, then put back for another day. :p

Ze_Teamaker

*chanting*BREW IT! BREW IT! BREW IT! BREW IT!
Yeah I know what you mean though. I have a bad tendency to hoard them.

Bonnie

DRUM BEATING….BREW IT….BREW IT….BREW IT….drink the tea!

Hehehe. I will! :P

CrowKettle

Ha! Steepster is such a crazy enabler for tea drinking. Don’t let the tiny amount Laoshan Black waste away in that flimsy ziplock bag! :P

Bonnie

Oh, just read the beginning of the bio…professional procrastinator!

Comments

Fjellrev

You NEED two types of genmaicha. At least.

Kasumi no Chajin

Ze_Teamaker

*chanting*BREW IT! BREW IT! BREW IT! BREW IT!
Yeah I know what you mean though. I have a bad tendency to hoard them.

Bonnie

DRUM BEATING….BREW IT….BREW IT….BREW IT….drink the tea!

Hehehe. I will! :P

CrowKettle

Bonnie

Oh, just read the beginning of the bio…professional procrastinator!

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada