drank Coconut Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

Watching the Thai horror “Shutter” in class today made me feel the need to buy small sample sizes of most of the Spring Collection (yeah, that’s totally related and not the lamest excuse, ever). Willpower of a seagull at an outdoor fries kiosk.

Nutty, sweet, and trademark green oolong vegetal notes make this a rather flavorful cup. The creaminess level is moderate. It gives me a unique impression of drinking something that is both light and frothy, yet also rich and heavy. I don’t know how it does that. The finish is a little floral in a sour-sweet plant-like way. The coconut flavour is a good portion juice and flakes, respectively.

I may have had too much coconut tea today, and I think the sweetness in this one is finally getting to me. Am I backwards for saying I would be happy if this had just a tad less coconut flavour?

I’m off to see how this re-steeps and to take a nap. Or maybe I should just go to bed. It’s 8:30.. that’s not too early…

Comparison to other brands of coconut oolong: It’s more along the lines of the Coconut Pouchong from Golden Moon then it is like coconut oolong from Zen Tea.

OMGsrsly

I totally understand your want for less coconut flavour! I could taste coconut for a couple hours after finishing mine, and my mug smells so strongly of coconut. I do like it, though, especially since the oolong isn’t too grassy or seaweed-y.

Fjellrev

Oh geez, you guys make me want this even more.

Lynne-tea

Yumm i love coconut.. i want some.
Must. Resist.

OMGsrsly

Totally worth it! I only got 10g, but I’m going to get a tin filled sometime during the next couple weeks. :)

CrowKettle

I tried resiting the coconut oolong- it didn’t work out very well. :)

Amariel

“Willpower of a seagull at an outdoor fries kiosk.” Ha ha ha! Love that! I’m just drinking mine now. I’m getting a little deja vu of Toasted Walnut, but this is definitely different. I’m drinking this one unsweetened, and it has cooled off some. I am not sure if I am getting some taste from my oatmeal (maple and brown sugar with almonds) or not. I’m just reheating it in the microwave some and will do a full review later.

Comments

OMGsrsly

Fjellrev

Oh geez, you guys make me want this even more.

Lynne-tea

Yumm i love coconut.. i want some.
Must. Resist.

CrowKettle

I tried resiting the coconut oolong- it didn’t work out very well. :)

Amariel

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: