drank Honeydew Mate by DAVIDsTEA

I love the smell of the dry blend, which has a nice rooibos melon armona, but I’m not so much a fan after everything is steeped. I can definitely distinguish the smell of the mate in this cup and that reminds me of pulling all-nighters.

I can also taste the mate, as well as the green rooibos and melon. The flavours meld into each other quite nicely, actually; this is a good pairing and everything seems to bring a lot of flavour to the cup. I don’t know if I can pick out the white hibiscus, however. It’s sweet and syrupy mid-sip, like honeydew melon (also, a little watermelon, cantaloupe, etc.). I’m picking up something a little tangy in the back of the throat.

It reminds me of Lucious Watermelon from last year, except this definitely has a strong (mate) base where the LW was all fruitiness. I’ll have to try this iced soon.

MissLena

I want to try this! On the list for when I go to David’s next :)

Fjellrev

I agree, the dry leafs smells fantabulous. I passed on it, though.

Comments

MissLena

I want to try this! On the list for when I go to David’s next :)

Fjellrev

I agree, the dry leafs smells fantabulous. I passed on it, though.

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada