Nom nom nom… If this is only half up to pair with the original blend then that must’ve been a pretty fine dessert tea.

The bag has a bit of a funky aroma but, in my opinion, it is largely overshadowed by the delicious syrupy sweet smell of gooey marshmallow (root). The liquid and bottom of the cup smell sweet too, but the flavour doesn’t quite reach that point of sugary ecstasy promised by the scent. The finish and aftertaste try to fulfill the sweetness but it’s only an impression. The first half of this cup tasted mostly of plain genmaicha before I hit marshmallow (drinking it too fast maybe).

I’m going to add some real marshmallows to the strainer next time and see how that goes. I assume it will be a mess and likely result in a massive sugar overload. Fun, fun, fun.

TastyBrew

I was thinking about stealing marshmallows from my della terra s’mores and doing the same thing. It’s so close to being amazing, but just doesn’t quite get there on its own.

Cavocorax

Did you see Frank’s post regarding odd smells? He suggested letting it air out a little to see if that helps as he may have bagged them too quickly.

CrowKettle

I did see that. I let this one air out for most of yesterday and my room smells like marshmallows and sugar. I think it helped a little but there wasn’t much funkiness with this one to begin with. It’s the S’mores Genmaicha that I need to give another chance. :)

CrowKettle

Also, I originally had two bags of this one and have already gone through one of them. I’d probably order this one again if reblended, and buy my own white marshmallows for it.

Cavocorax

Mmm… that sounds like it’d be pretty good.
I’d air out my S’mores Genmaicha, but for me the problem was just that the flavours were too mild.

CrowKettle

I aired out and shook up some of the s’mores before sending it away and I have to agree with you- it’s too mild. I didn’t pick up any alcohol/chlorine that time though so that’s a huge plus! :)

Comments

TastyBrew

Cavocorax

Mmm… that sounds like it’d be pretty good.

Favourite Flavours/Ingredients:

-Vanilla, Maple, Caramel, Cream, Toffee, Nougat, Marzipan
-All Citrus: Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Yuzu
-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grass/Marine/Vegetal/Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine…
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry and/or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada