drank Waterfall by Silk Road

This is a nice green oolong but I don’t think it will become a staple of mine. I’m on my second steep of this already and the floral and crisp mineral notes are the most dominant, with some milky butter creeping in subtly. It reminds me a bit of a tieguanyin oolong, in regards to floral crisp flavours (don’t ask me what kind of flowers).

This would be a good casual evening oolong; it’s not fancy or expensive and that makes it strangely accessible, if not particularly exciting.

I had a tiny tin sample of this that I passed along to school friend today. She’s not a big tea drinker but she likes green oolong! She’s my green oolong buddy.

Fjellrev

Aww, green oolong buddy.

CHAroma

Don’t you love that? I have a friend at work who only likes the dark Taiwanese oolongs, while I only like the green unroasted variety. So, there’s always someone to pass along the dark oolongs to who will appreciate and enjoy them. :)

Comments

Fjellrev

Aww, green oolong buddy.

CHAroma

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada