This is my first flowering tea and I didn’t know what to expect but it worked out well. I drank this with my roommate and we both enjoyed watching it unfurl and pop up.

The jasmine isn’t very strong, especially when compared to the likes of the yunnan jasmine white, but it is still pleasantly present. My roommate said it reminded her of buttery dragonwell- the green base is a very smooth one with little to no vegetal undertones. The finish contains a clover honey like sweetness. It’s filling in a rich, heady floral way but it’s never overpowering.

The great thing about this one is we were able to take our time admiring the flowering tea, get distracted and look at animal gifs on tumblr, and pour ourselves some more tea without having to worry about it getting overwhelmingly bitter or strong. This is a beautiful, easy going tea, with a decent flavour profile, even on its third steep.

160 °F / 71 °C
MissLena

What type of vessel did you brew this in? I have 2 that I have been wanting to brew but I don’t know what to make them in!

CrowKettle

My tiny glass gongfu is not tall enough, so I steeped it in a glass bodum coffee press that is used for tea by my roommate. If we’d had an average measuring glass, or pitcher, and filled it to the top that probably would’ve worked too. If it’s just you drinking it a glass mug or cup would be fine! :)

A clear bodom teapot, or a flowering glass teapot are easiest though.

I use a canning jar. :)

canadianadia

OMGsrsly – very clever! I would have never thought of that :)

MissLena

Thanks for the info! I’ll have to see what I have, I know I have a big glass pasta jar I’ve been saving for cold brewing so it might work too :)

OMGsrsly

I do all my cold steepings in canning jars, and since they’re heat proof I tried hot brewing as well. Careful with your fingers, the glass conducts heat very well!

CHAroma

I have practically nothing to brew my sample in, so I will probably end up using a glass flower vase. :P

CrowKettle

Flower vase sounds fine as long as it’s not too big and you can pour/drink out of it without burning yourself if you’re hot brewing. :P I like the canning jar idea too.

CHAroma

Oh, I will inevitably burn myself. LOL!

Comments

MissLena

CrowKettle

A clear bodom teapot, or a flowering glass teapot are easiest though.

I use a canning jar. :)

canadianadia

OMGsrsly – very clever! I would have never thought of that :)

CHAroma

Oh, I will inevitably burn myself. LOL!

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada