Floral, soapy, and sweet jasmine pearls! I love that strong jasmine can taste like bananas. It’s sometimes a more convincing banana than some intentionally banana flavoured teas.

This is a very nice and simple tea but jasmine isn’t something I really crave too often, and, when I do, I think I prefer the scented white leaves over green tea. I’m still grateful for the chance to try this and for Teavivre’s extremely generous sample system!

ashmanra

I have never thought of banana with jasmine before. I will have to drink a cup and see if I can pick up that taste.

Dinosara

I too have never gotten bananas from jasmine. And I don’t want to… I don’t like bananans all that much! :)

CrowKettle

Ever since playing with the Yunnan White Jasmine I sometimes pick up bananas in jasmine. Maybe I’m crazy, but I enjoy bananas so I don’t mind. :)

Comments

ashmanra

Dinosara

CrowKettle

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada