drank Holiday Tea by Harney & Sons

This another gentle (some would say flat) tea for the day. It smells like it packs a punch of spices and astringency but the taste reveals it to be the exact opposite. There’s a bit of subdued clove but, even with a steep time of over five minutes, this doesn’t qualify for being astringently nippy.

It’s not bad though. I think it tastes a bit like a chocolate orange, without being overly cloying and candy-like. Even without the addition of milk, this cup conveys lightly sweet and creamy milk chocolate, with a bit of bitter nuttiness, spice, and citrus. I don’t know what’s in this or if it’s the spices that are fooling my taste buds but it undeniably has a chocolate orange flavour in the finish and aftertaste.

It’s not something I’d pick up for myself, but I did work through about an ounce of this in a few days without feeling the desire to add anything to it, and it does make up for not getting a Chocolate Orange this Christmas.

Thanks Fiddling for sharing some of this!

Fiddling

I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Comments

Fiddling

I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: …