Cavocorax sent me a package full of samples yesterday! As soon as I opened the envelope my kitchen took on the aroma of a cupcake shop. I’m very curious to find out which one (or ones) produced that smell.

I don’t think this one in particular contributed heavily but there’s no denying that it smells sweet too, in a fruity way. I had half the sample amount last night and am finishing the rest off this afternoon. The strainer that I used yesterday that I haven’t yet properly cleaned smells of lychee.

I don’t usually eat dragon fruit on its own, but it’s awesome in a smoothie or milkshake. This rooibos blend probably has nothing to do with dragon fruit, except that both of them are connected to “cactus”, make me think of a (not necessarily) white centered “fruit”, and have a sweet but watery flavour (ok, that may be a lot to do with dragon fruit).

I found this to be a bit watery when steeped under five minutes. I also enjoyed the fruity, and floral notes are more when it had cooled down. If I had more of this I’d probably play around with it a bit and see if its watery body could hold up as an iced latte.

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: …