At first glance, this blend reminds me of fantasy island, but it’s not as artificially sweet, is more creamy, and doesn’t get that awful bitterness that Fantasy Island tends to get.

It dry blend and the liquor both smell of tart raspberries. This comes through in the main body of the tea which tastes as close to jam as tea can get. Seeing Ceylon in the ingredients usually makes me wary but it’s a fine base here that blends right into the berry notes. The really amazing and delicious part of this tea is the smooth and creamy notes near the end of the sip. Raspberry jam and buttery cake.. Umm. I’m finding it difficult to describe how I feel about this cup of tea without resorting to profanities so I’ll just say that this probably falls in my “keeper” list.

Thank you Cavocorax for sending me some of this, and Bluebird Tea Co. for making this exist. Will be ordering more in the future.

Edit: I second steeped this for about 6 minutes and it was equally fantastic, although in a different way. The jam was cut back a lot, becoming a light spread and allowing the buttery sweetness of sponge cake to dominate the cup.

Cavocorax

Woo! I’m happy you enjoyed it too!

Grrrr I so want my samples. They went to Guelph though sigh

Ozli

Fantasy Island without the bitterness sounds amazing!

Cavocorax

Oooh – I should do the second steep for 6. I did it for 4 and it was flat. I’m not good at that part – I usually just toss my flavoured teas after…

Sil – hope you get yours soon. I should have sent you a little sample. If I can open your box easily, maybe I will. :P

Kittenna

:P Sil, you’re complaining so much about not having your Bluebird samples! You know, they could have been sent to you, but at the time you didn’t care…

Lol. I don’t really care. Just anxious to try them give. The great reviews. Not having them is keeping me from placing an order :)

CrowKettle

I don’t normally steep flavoured teas a second time either, but I was curious and the infuser still smelled like cake. The raspberries had completely lost their colour after the first infusion and I was surprised it tasted like anything at all :)

Lol, Sil. I hope they get to you soon and fulfill your expectations. Can’t wait to see what samples you received.

Terri HarpLady

sil, at least you ordered samples. Somehow I misunderstood & though the were only sending samples to people in England, so I ordered none…and I really really want to try THIS one. Everyone makes it sound SO yummy!

terri – you can still order them heh you just pay for shipping, which wasn’t too bad. Or alternatively you wait for me to try mine, which will likely prompt me to order some and then when i get them, i send some to you along with other teas lol

Comments

Cavocorax

Woo! I’m happy you enjoyed it too!

Grrrr I so want my samples. They went to Guelph though sigh

Ozli

Fantasy Island without the bitterness sounds amazing!

Kittenna

CrowKettle

Terri HarpLady

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: