I typically have low expectations with Earl Grey because it’s usually boring, needs milk, and tastes like paint thinner. I should probably go in with a more open mind from now on because this one is proof that I’m a biased little ninny.

Detectable bergamot? Check
Detectable creaminess? Double Check
Bergamot doesn’t curdle the creaminess or milk? Check

I poured in some 1% milk and it came out cream. There are layers of creaminess, divided up by citrus tones. I want to own a huge amount of this Earl Grey. Thank you, Jackie T (please tell me where and how I can get more of this)!

Jackie T

You can either order online at www.vermontliberytea.com or I can pick some up and send it to you :-)

CrowKettle

I don’t seem to be able to access their website but maybe that’s a temporary glitch. If I still can’t see it in a couple of months I will definitely contact you- I liked this one a lot! :)

Jackie T

I need to make a run there soon for more earl grey anyway, I can pick some up for you!

Fjellrev

Paint thinner, ouch.

Chizakura

Funny how different some people can be. :) Earl Grey is a ‘safe’ tea for me. Even if the tea quality is utter … ly horrid, it’s still drinkable.

CrowKettle

Jackie T, When I get back to an area with more reliable internet I’ll message you about that :)

Paint thinner is probably an unfair exaggeration. There were a couple I tried that were so strongly scented with bergamot they reminded me of wood polish, but that’s just me. XD

Comments

Jackie T

Fjellrev

Paint thinner, ouch.

Chizakura

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: …