drank Tropical Mango by Teajo Teas

Thank you Piccolo and Teajo Teas for this generous sample!

There was enough here to make around half a dozen cups in the pouch I was sent, but I didn’t try it iced until the very end. That’s a shame because the fruity mango flavours really come to the surface in the colder brew. I get fruity notes of mango, peach, and raisins and a smooth sweeping of something floral (it’s starting to bug me that I don’t know my flowers), sweetness, and a brisk, somewhat sour, finish that makes my mouth pucker a bit.

The hot mugs I made up were a little more muddled and brisk, and maybe that’s my fault. It was more flowery and scented hot, whereas the cold brew allows for more syrupy mango, which is what I was looking for.

I don’t think I would pick up this particular blend again but I did enjoy drinking a mug before trying out the elliptical trainer in the evenings. Black teas, even fruity ones like this, tend to make me feel more energized and ready to move than green teas do. I don’t know what I was thinking when I decided to only bring two fruity greens and one fruity black tea. I failed at tea packing and traveling.

Edit: As it sits longer and the dust sinks to the bottom the briskness is swapped for a creaminess that reminds me of sour yogurt and fruit. This is the best this tea has ever tasted for me. Really slapping myself in the face right now for not trying it iced sooner.

Iced 4 min, 30 sec

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada