Happy Mother’s Day, Steepsterites!

I’ve never had upside down cake but this tea gives me the impression that there is a whole lot of sugar involved. Caramelized sugar and brown sugar are the two dominant notes I pick out of this, with tangy sweet pineapple creeping in near the end of the sip. I thought there would be more pineapple flavour but it’s a subtle thing here. It’s rich, buttery, and creamy- it’s extreme cake tea. There may be more cake here than in some actual cakes. It’s a little overwhelming.

I personally do not need or crave this much cake in my tea, and prefer some of the lighter dessert teas to sugar monsters like this and Red Velvet Cake (from David’s Tea). This is great for what it is, however, and I’ll enjoy drinking the rest of the sample that Cavocorax provided (now I know what sample made your envelope smell so sweet)!

Nicole

Pretty sweet, yes. :) It’s a recipe that’s been around since the 20s or 30s and it starts with brown sugar and butter caramelized on the bottom of a pan with pineapple slices and sweet butter cake baked over the top. When I was growing up, we always had it served with Cool Whip to cut the sweetness. :)

Fjellrev

Ha, this is such an appropriate Mother’s Day tea.

Comments

Nicole

Fjellrev

Ha, this is such an appropriate Mother’s Day tea.

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: