“Does this taste like a malted milk ball candy?”

Yes, yes it does, although the very small amount of skim milk I added may have helped with that. Man, I haven’t had malted milk balls, or malt eggs, in ages- not since I was well under five feet tall. I never liked them as a child but this tea somehow makes me look back fondly upon them. This tea is somewhat tangy (another thing I associate with malt eggs), as well as creamy and smooth.

I’m getting next to no chocolate in this; it is as watered down as the crummy skim milk I added. I’m grateful for that though because I wasn’t looking for a super chocolate tea this morning, and didn’t realize it had chocolate until I had already dumped it into the strainer.

While not as sweet smelling as some of the other teas Cavocorax sent my way, this still has a subtly sugary taste (Edit: and not so subtle dry leaf aroma; my nose is malfunctioning badly). I had low hopes for this one but it completely surprised me with the sudden burst of nostalgia and calming flavour.

Starfevre

Okay, now I want.

Ze_Teamaker

TO THE SHOPPING LIST!

Shmiracles

love this tea.

CrowKettle

My mother stole my second steep, said she liked it a lot and that I should pick up more. This tea continues to surprise today.

Cavocorax

Hahah. You just inspired more tea purchases! :P I gotta say, I’m happy I grabbed 2oz!

Comments

Starfevre

Okay, now I want.

Ze_Teamaker

TO THE SHOPPING LIST!

Shmiracles

love this tea.

CrowKettle

Cavocorax

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada