This has a nice blueberry flavour, but without the addition of milk I find the Assam base makes “the pastry” taste a bit dry and overdone. After merely tolerating this tea for the last month I decided to add some soy milk today. When I did that the blueberries gained a tangy creamy friend, which makes for a very convincing cream cheese sauce. Huge improvement! Now I can enjoy finishing off the rest of this.

I should also add that the aroma is amazing, and exactly like a Blueberry Danish. I want candles, soap, and other similar products, that smell like this tea.

Fjellrev

Sorry you don’t like this one as much as I do. :)

CrowKettle

I think I would have a hard time trying to match your love for this. ;) I do like it though and it’s one of the blends from 52teas that I’d think about reordering. I’ve a feeling it I’ll grow on me too, now that I know how I like it prepared.

Fjellrev

Have you tried a second steeping yet? It’s my favourite steep. The pastry and creaminess come out a little more and aren’t fighting with the base.

And not sure if you’re into handmade soap, but about soap smelling like this, Tvål used to make a blueberry one that smelled so much like this, but that was several years ago. Wonder if they would ever bring it back:

CrowKettle

I haven’t attempted a second steep yet. I’ll try that now.

You shouldn’t have showed me that website because I want to buy everything on it. I’m usually skeptical with handmade soaps, as I find that they don’t usually smell very similar to what they look like, but the stuff on there looks so good!

Comments

Fjellrev

Sorry you don’t like this one as much as I do. :)

CrowKettle

I haven’t attempted a second steep yet. I’ll try that now.

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: …